nikak

pub with drinks on different topics and visitors from around the world to come and chat

Adidas Golden Ball List


Hey since we're so spirited about this world cup, I wanted to post the "Adidas golden ball list" that has all the candidates on the golden ball this year. It's an award given to the best player of the world cup after each world cup and it doesn't have to be a player on the winning team.

Adidas Golden Ball List

I figured we can comment on all the candidates and give our oppinions on it!

posted by bla on Thursday, July 06, 2006

1 Comments:

At 06 July, 2006 12:57, Blogger bla said...

Personally I'd love to see Klosse get both the boot (which he probably will unless one of the players on either team scores like 5-6 goals in the final game) AND the Ball. I think he was amazing at scoring and creating moments.

Now for the other players:
Henry - I don't think he deserves it. He has been cold this entire time and his only shining moment was that goal vs. Brazil (spectacular goal I admit). But still one game is not enough.

Zidane - I'm afraid this moron will get it if he steps up again like he has done for the past few games.

Viera - see comment about Zidane lol.

Ballack - he did really good, was a good leader, but I think there are some that deserve it more on the list than him. Although I love this player and it's a shame that from so many shots that he had, he didn't get any inside the net.

Klosse - I already talked about this one.

From all the mentioned Italians I'd prefer Pirlo because I think he's done so much for that Italian mid, scored and has had amazing asists (like the goal vs. Germany). Plus he plays for AC Milan :D. But of course all the others have done great too, Canavaro stepped up on the defense with Nesta gone and Buffon, well he's Buffon and that's enough said.

Maniche has been great for Portugal, but I don't think he's #1 on this list.

That's my oppionions though (: feel free to disagree.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home