nikak

pub with drinks on different topics and visitors from around the world to come and chat

Never lose your photos again...


Some of you know that I'm a photo junkie. By that I mean that I love taking them and usually out of every trip/event I get about 100 shots. Which means that the amount of them grows fairly fast.

Last summer I suffered a hard drive crash which took down some 3000 unique photos that had no copies and/or backups. After that I started doing backups fairly regularly (around once every three month).

Doing backups is tedious especially if you don't have any software to aid you in that. I personally use Picasa (amazing photo organizing software from Google) for that, because backing up as well as restoring is easy and fast. It also gives you a literally "one click" option for uploading your pictures to online storage.

Today I stumbled upon an article that talked about general precautions that you can take for making sure that what happened to me doesn't happen to you.

posted by Anonymous on Wednesday, August 16, 2006

1 Comments:

At 17 August, 2006 20:06, Blogger bla said...

Well I'm not a photoholic like you Denis lol, in fact way way way way waaaaay far from it lol, but still it's nice to know ways you can backup even those very few photos that you have (:

 

Post a Comment

<< Home