nikak

pub with drinks on different topics and visitors from around the world to come and chat

Top 10 Scientific Breakthroughs of 2008 via Wired

Well we're in 2009 now, which means it's time for all the "this and that of 2008" lists to come out showing us some of the good, bad, hilarious and absolutely saddening events that happened last year making us realize how much can happen in just a year. I ran into such a list on Wired today that I decided was too good not to post here. It's called Top 10 Scientific Breakthroughs of 2008. Usually whenever I post a list I'll give a couple examples from the list of things that stood out to me, but in this case you'll have to go through the entire thing, because I didn't see any that stood out more then the others! Amazing what science can do these days.

posted by bla on Tuesday, January 06, 2009

2 Comments:

At 15 January, 2009 20:20, Blogger Unknown said...

Although I'm super excited about the advancements in sequencing techniques, #3 and #1 are definitely the most interesting to me. Ice on mars, combined with the news today that there is good evidence for methane-producing microbial life, could have the most far reaching implications of any discovery since the atom bomb. For more info, check out:
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/loom/2009/01/15/live-blogging-the-mars-methane-mystery-aliens-at-last/

 
At 16 January, 2009 09:04, Blogger Ameet said...

looks like my invention of a flying toaster didnt quite make the list.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home