nikak

pub with drinks on different topics and visitors from around the world to come and chat

Microsoft's Zune audio player to rival the iPod?

Well looks like Microsoft's Zune player is becoming popular. I know a lot of us here have iPods so it will be interesting to hear what you think about this player. It has impressive features such as 13/14 hour battery (depending if you have wireless on or off), wireless (something I think iPods should have had a long time ago) that allows you to share music between Zune players, much bigger display than iPod's and more. Now yes it IS from Microsoft, but that doesn't mean we have to hate it right away. I think a player with these kind of capabilities deserves a chance. Wired ran an article found here saying that many iPod users will probably switch to Zune when it comes out. The official date is November 14th this year.

posted by bla on Friday, November 03, 2006

4 Comments:

At 05 November, 2006 20:42, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm iPod all the way, although it would still be very interesting to see how it turns out. The Wi-Fi feature is probably the only one that attracts me in Zune so far.

Right now I'm very tempted to exchange my old nano for a new nano version 2.0, but who knows, maybe Zune will prove that it's worth it and win my heart :)

 
At 11 November, 2006 01:32, Blogger Random said...

Wow. I am waiting to see what happens on the Podcast front. That is the one thing I'm not sure I could give up if I switched. I do really wish they had Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. Why didn't they see it coming and add those features?

 
At 11 November, 2006 20:20, Blogger bla said...

I'll have to look up and see about the Podcasting features. I'm sure Microsoft's not that stupid about not including anything of that sort.

 
At 12 November, 2006 20:24, Blogger Random said...

After reading some more about the Zune, I'm not sure Microsoft is making good moves. For example, the "wireless" feature is not Wi-Fi to the net, but Wi-Fi to other Zune players within 30 feet. It's just a file transfer only. Pretty lame. Check out the review:

http://www.financialexpress.com/fe_full_story.php?content_id=146275

 

Post a Comment

<< Home