nikak

pub with drinks on different topics and visitors from around the world to come and chat

txt :: Windows Error Reporting

So this morning I got to work and after only 10 minutes of using my computer I already had a program crash and the annoying windows popup that says "this and this program has been terminated unexpectedly. Do you want to send a message to microsoft?" came up. I'm sure we've all seen it and I can say with assurance that probably 99% of us have never even thought about pushing that "Send error" button. Well guess what: you can actually get rid of the error reporting message! It's not a hack or anything. Here's what you need to do:

Open up Control Panel -> System
Go to the Advanced Tab and click on Error Reporting and disable it!

posted by bla on Thursday, February 23, 2006

2 Comments:

At 23 February, 2006 11:06, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I disabled it a long time ago. It's so nice.

There's also a setting so that Windows will still notify you of a crash. Leave that one on.

 
At 28 February, 2006 08:44, Blogger bla said...

Interesting Teo. I don't think I've ever tried it. Have they ever responded with anything?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home